A Regulatory Compliance Consultant can help your organization in a number of ways, such as:
- Assessing an organization’s current compliance with relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Advising on and implementing compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations such as, but not limited to, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and other state and federal regulations.
- Conducting risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential compliance risks.
- Developing and delivering compliance training to employees and other stakeholders to ensure they understand their responsibilities.
- Assisting with the development and management of incident response plans for compliance-related incidents.
- Reviewing and recommending updates to contracts and agreements with third parties to ensure they include appropriate compliance provisions.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in laws and regulations and providing guidance on how to comply with them.
- Representing the organization in compliance-related audits and investigations.
- Advising on data mapping and management to ensure that data is collected, stored, and processed in compliance with relevant laws.
- Providing ongoing support and guidance to ensure the organization remains compliant with regulatory requirements.